Home Shade Trees - TEP Customers
The Power of Shade Trees
Thanks to a grant from Tucson Electric Power, Tucson metro area homeowners can receive trees to shade their home.
- Home must be in the TEP service area (including parts of Catalina, Green Valley, Marana, Oro Valley, Sahuarita and Vail). (If you are a customer of Trico Electric Cooperative, do not use this form - instead visit the Trees for Tucson/Trico page!)
- Agree to plant trees on the east, west or south side of their home.
- Owners of homes built in 1980 or later, or older homes that have been remodeled with double-pane windows, may receive up to two trees.
- Homes built in 1979 or before and that have not been remodeled with double-pane windows may receive up to four trees.
How to apply:
- Submit the home shade tree application (may be submitted individually, or you may also organize with your neighbors and submit forms together for a group delivery).
- Include your TEP account number and intended planting locations on your form.
- Mail the form with payment of $8.00 per tree for the trees you’ve selected (a brief description of the trees and guide is included on the application).
What to expect next:
- Once we receive your application we will deliver trees within several weeks (no longer than 6 to 8 weeks). Holes do not need to be dug prior to delivery, but to avoid trees staying in pots for an extended period this will also give you adequate time for any site preparations including removal of tree stumps, other plants, etc. and to arrange for blue stake marking (dial 811 for free utility location services prior to digging).
- Trees will be delivered directly to your home (you do not have to be home for delivery) or a central location for a group.
- Tucson Electric Power may inspect the planting location for your tree to verify information noted on your application.
Note: Trico Electric Cooperative Members are not eligible for Tucson Electric Power-sponsored trees. Please see the Home Shade Trees information for Trico Customers or call (520) 744-2944 for details on Trico's Operation Cool Shade program.
For more information, call (520) 791-3109 or email email@example.com.
Benefits of Trees
Planting and maintaining a desert tree to shade your home will:
- Save you over $200 in energy costs over 20 years, plus add an estimated $380 in property value as the tree matures
- Reduce stormwater runoff and erosion
- Absorb CO2 in the tree AND reduce CO2 emissions from coal-fired power plants
- Add wildlife habitat and natural beauty
Get out and plant your Trees for Tucson today!